Welcome to Cow Harbor CrossFit
Welcome to Cow Harbor CrossFit! CrossFit is a core strength & conditioning program that delivers a fitness that is by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Elements of track & field, gymnastics, weightlifting, and strongman are combined in short intense daily workouts to maximize results for any individual. CrossFit teaches functional movement patterns, or, movements that you find in real life -pushing, pulling, squatting, jumping, throwing, carrying, and sprinting.
State wide Paleo Challenge....
brought to you by:
Monday, August 4th Muscle Up Paleo will be hosting the first annual Paleo Box Challenge. The Challenge will run from the 4th-30th. The PBC will allow all members (excluding box owners and trainers) to compete both individually and as a team against all the other boxes on the island!
Nick and Byron from Muscle Up Paleo will be coming to CHCF Wednesday, July 30th @ 6:00PM to discuss the details of the challenge. Please try to clear 10-15 min to come listen to what Nick and Byron have to say.
There will be a signup sheet at the front desk. The more participants we have, the better chance our team has to win. So let's try and get everybody on-board for this challenge!
Now what's a challenge without prizes? The box with the most points at the end of the challenge will win a Paleo BBQ catered by Muscle Up Paleo. The top 3 individual winners will also be receiving prizes:
- 1st Place will win a cruise for 2.
- 2nd Place will win one month of free meals from Muscle Up Paleo.
- 3rd Place will win one free month at participants local gym.
Please contact Muscle Up Paleo with any questions:
Flex on the Beach is Back!
Saturday, September 13th our friends at CrossFit King of Island Park will be hosting a beachfront CrossFit competition, Flex On The Beach. This promises to be Long Islands most elite functional fitness event with 200 COED teams crashing on the beach to throw around weights, sprint in some sand, and support their fellow CrossFitters.
We would like to field as many teams (both RX and Scaled) for this as possible so we have an even bigger presence on the beach then we did last year. Please start getting your teams together ASAP. There will be a list of teams and 'open agents' on the black board in the gym. GET SIGNED UP ASAP!!! If you need help finding teammates let Chad or Adam know and they will help facilitate.
After this badass COED comp there will be a post-competition Bar Crawl for athletes, spectators, and anybody else who wants to wander around Long Beach with the fittest community on Earth.
In true Cow Harbor CrossFit style we plan to have quite the presence. So feel free to bring anything that would make a day at the beach more exciting. We will have a large pop-up tent to provide shade, a BBQ for some healthy food between events, coolers full of water and coconut water to hydrate athletes and spectators, and of course some kan-jam.
If you have any questions about the wods or the event itself please take a look at the website and their
PUMP Games 3...Strength Rules the world.
Saturday, September 13th will be the third installment of the Pump Games series. It is hosted at PUMP CrossFit & Performance in East Hanover, NJ.
If there is any question what this competition is like, just ask Wild Bill and Coach Adam who have performed the past two years. PG has a reputation as being one of the most challenging comps in the northeast and nation. It also has a great reputation for an excellently run weekend. From the DJ to the food and sponsors representing the PG series..it is all top quality. There is no question that PG3 will continue to have success.
Details to know:
1. September 13-14 (Saturday & Sunday) @ PUMP CrossFit & Performance
2. 5 guaranteed WODs for all competitors..finals for top athletes
3. Rx'd/Scaled (male/female) Master (age brackets)....we may separate unlike last year depending on # of athletes
4. ALL Levels are welcome...be aware of the major lifts and some gymnastics
5. Strength is always a true indicator used in the PG series...it does not mean you need to be super strong, but it means you need to have some focus on training heavy in your programming. It is not a typical Metcon only comp.
6. Implements and Odd Objects will be utilized and introduced.
7. We will announce WODs prior to the event.
The Great Cow Harbor 10K
Saturday, Septmeber 20th Runners will tackle the Great Cow Harbor 10K
The Great Cow Harbor 10-Kilometer Run is one of the most prestigous foot races in the country and nationally ranked. Runner's World has named the Cow Harbor Race as one of the top 100 races in the USA. New England Runner regularly places The Great Cow Harbor 10K Run in its Top 100 Races, stating "Big race atmosphere in a small town on the Island; it's a winner! Who says those "rolling" courses can't be fun?"
Being the Functional Fitness fanatics that we are we would like to get a group together to run. We understand that a lot of you already run with your groups of friends or families. However, if don't have anybody run/walk with please feel free to join Coach Adam and Coach Chad in tackling the race. This is 100% for fun and we encourage everybody to run/walk. Also, there is a rumor there may be some 'CrossFitish..' stations along the way....
FEES: Adults - $28 until Sept. 9, 2014 and then $40 from September 10th through 18th / All Children 12 & under - $12
Register online at: http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?EVENT_ID=2130567&CHECKSSO=0
This Sunday, July 13th we are proud to be co-hosting Burpees and Beer with our friends from Lululemon. This promises to be a great summertime event!
We will be running two workouts. One that starts at 4:30PM and another at 5:30PM. Feel free to jump in on both...
Once the sweat has stopped flying, the fun begins! We will be having a live DJ, catered food, and a couple kegs to help wash away the pain from the burpees.
This event is open to everybody and the workout can be scaled for ANY individual. So please bring your family and friends for a great afternoon of working out, BBQn' and beer!
Just remember, we will be closed during normal hours Sunday morning. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Cow Harbor CrossFit's 2014 Summer Nutrition Challenge is starting this coming Monday, July 7th. The challenge is going to be set up similar to our last challenge except that it will only be 30 days long! The rules are all basically the same, with a few minor changes. We will be handing out packets at the info session on July 6th.
Two things you don't want to miss if you plan to participate in the challenge-
- We will be having an informative session this Sunday, July 6th @ 2:00PM. At the session we will cover rules, answer questions, and take 'before pictures' (come in gym apparel if you are getting a picture taken). Do not worry if you cannot make it, we still encourage everyone to participate and we can catch you up next time you're in the gym!
- In order to participate, we require a before picture be taken by a member of the CHCF coaching staff before Friday, July11th at the latest.
A couple things that differ from this challenge and the past paleo/nutrition challenges that we've done:
- There will NOT be a 'buy-in' This challenge is zero, zip, nadda, no dollars to enter. However the winners (1st/2nd/3rd places) will still receive prizes! So why not at least try? There is nothing to lose.... but pounds.
- For those athletes looking to gain lean muscle mass and put some LBs on we will have you eating clean and Carb Back Loading. Don't be fooled by what you've heard. This is a very strict style of eating and not an easy thing to accomplish. Its takes work and dedication.
- Added clean carbs and minor cheats will be allowed at certain points during the 30 days to help keep your sanity over the summer months.
These 30 days WILL change the way you Look, Feel, and Perform, so we are excited to see all of the members participate!
We will be having a limited schedule this July 4th weekend. Please see below.
Friday, July 4th:
- 8AM, 9AM, and 10AM Group Classes.
- Closed the rest of the day. Get out and enjoy your independence day!
- Normal Hours
- 9AM Oly class will be replaced with a normal Group Class